Specialty Sales Representative
In this hybrid inside, outside sales position, the Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for exceptional customer service while achieving the territory sales targets either on the Patient Advocate Sales Team and/or the Outside Clinical Representative Team. Dependent upon the needs of the organization, this representative would be responsible for sales performance wherever the organizational need.
- Maintains a strong and collaborative working relationship with the Inside Patient Sales Advocate and works in collaboration as a team to manage their respective territories in a professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with and between customer key decision makers (PTs, OTs, Therapy Managers & Directors, Physiatrists, Neurologists, Other Medical Professionals and C Suite personnel)
- Works cross functionally in a positive manner with Technical Support, Service, Sales Operations, Marketing, and other key personnel within the organization.
- Executes quarterly territory plan in coordination with their respective Inside Territory Representative.
- Participates in weekly outside sales team calls and bi-monthly sales team conference calls.
- Accountability to supervisor of key reports, daily sales call log notes, and expense reporting meeting all key deadlines.
- Works cross functionally in a positive manner with Technical, Clinical Support, Service, Sales Operations, Marketing, and other key personnel within the organization.
- Ensures territory achieves annual capital clinic revenue and home referral target numbers.
- Works in coordination with the Inside Patient Sales representatives.
- Grow patient referrals by building clinic competence and awareness of RTI resources in both the clinical setting and home referral process.
- Keeps abreast of relevant Scientific publications, RTI product enhancements and clinical experience/knowledge.
- Performs cold calling to strategically build clinic base that can be leveraged to maximize home referrals and sales.
- Executes sales, marketing initiatives and other identified programs as needed.
- Performs clinic and consumer presentations on a consistent basis.
- Attends trade shows and peer support groups as needed.
Business Management & Administration
- Submits quarterly territory plan to the Vice President of Sales.
- Perform monthly referral analysis for existing clinics and reports on one on one calls to their respective supervisor.
- Complete weekly one on one calls with the respective sales counterpart.
- Manages and operates within approved expense budget.
- Ensures that all sales activities within assigned territory are conducted to the highest ethical standards and in a manner that is fully compliant with Company policy (including QOP-72-01) and laws and regulations.
- Administrative tasks to include timely reporting, data entry (CRM, Expenses to include self and outside sales, Monthly Reports) and forecasting.
- Conducts referral reviews and other presentations to customers as needed.
- 10+ years of medical device sales experience and/or relevant sales experience
- Proven track record of success in sales positions.
- Strong business acumen.
- A self-starter, capable of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team player and work cross collaboratively with multiple departments.
- Experience working both with clinicians and patients.
- Ability to develop in depth clinical knowledge about products and services.
- BA or BS is highly preferred.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. This job description in no way creates an implied contract.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.